Dr. (Mrs). B. Mayurathan
Computer Vision and Machine Learning
- Ph.D in Computer Science (Peradeniya, Sri Lanka)
- B.Sc. Special in Computer Science, First Class (Jaffna, Sri Lanka)
Institutional Development to UoJ and other HEIs
- Drafted syllabi for CSC106S3, CSC201S2, CSC209S3, and CSC306S3 for the BSc degree programme in Computer Science at the Department of Computer Science, University of Jaffna. Academic Year 2017/2018
- Drafted syllabi for CSC118SC2, CSC233SC2, CSC247SE2, CSC316SC3 and CSC416SC6 for the BSc (Computer Science) degree programme, University of Jaffna. Academic Year 2015/2016
- Drafted Curriculum for CSC305 and CSC404 for BSc Degree in Computer Science, Eastern University, Sri Lanka, Academic Year 2015/2016
- Drafted syllabus for AITC21013 for Bachelor of Arts degree ICT as a subject, Faculty of Arts, University of Jaffna, Academic Year 2015/2016.
Reviewer/Editorial Board Member
- 14th IEEE International Conference on Industrial and Information Systems (ICIIS), 2019
- IEEE Region 10 Humanitarian Technology Conference (R10 HTC), 2018
- IEEE International Conference on Information and Automation for Sustainability (ICIAFS), 2016
- International Conference on Multidisciplinary Approaches (iCMA2019), University of Sri Jayewardenepura, Sri Lanka
Attended Conferences and workshops
- Attended the Jaffna University International Research Conference (JUICE) in University of Jaffna, Sri Lanka, December 18 -19, 2014.
- Attended the British Machine Vision Association (BMVA) summer school in University of Manchester, United Kingdom, July 08 – 12, 2013.
- Attended the 23rd IEEE International Workshop on Machine Learning for Signal Processing (MLSP’13) in Southampton, United Kingdom, September 18-20 2013.
- Attended the 4th PAVIS School on Computer Vision, Pattern Recognition and Image Processing in Sestri Levante (GÈ), ITALY, September 22-25 2013.
- Sixth IEEE International Conference on Industrial and Information Systems (ICIIS), 16 – 19 August, 2011, Kandy, Sri Lanka.
- Sixth SLIIT Research Symposium, 27 January 2011, Malabe, Sri Lanka.
- 2010 ICIAfS Post Conference Workshop on ICT for Sustainability, 21 & 22 December, 2010, University of Jaffna, Sri Lanka.
- Attended a workshop on “Joomla Open Source Software” organized by The National Science Library & Resource Center, National Science (NSF) Foundation on 23 – 25th September 2009 at NSF.
- Chairperson of the Web and IT committee, Faculty of Science -2020
- Academic Counsellor at Faculty-level since 2017 to 2020.
- Branch Counsellor, IEEE Student Branch, University of Jaffna, September 2018 – September 2020.
- Faculty-level representative of the Sports Advisory Board, University of Jaffna – 2019.
- Treasurer of the Sri Lanka Student Workshop on Computer Science (SLSWCS), Department of Computer Science, University of Jaffna – 2011, 2015, 2017, and 2019.
- Chairperson of the Publicity Committee, Vingnanam International Research Conference (VIRC) – 2018.
- Member of the Editorial board, Jaffna University International Research Conference (JUICE) – 2016.
- Assistant Secretary of the Jaffna University Science Teachers Association (JUSTA) – 2016.
- Member of the Board – Faculty of Science.
- Member of IEEE.
- University Research Grant 2015
- Higher Education for the Twenty-first Century (HETC) Project implemented at the University of Jaffna to pursue PhD degree programme at the University of Peradeniya, Sri Lanka and University of Southampton, UK 
- Manewa R.M.A.H., Mayurathan B. : “Emotion Recognition and Discrimination of Facial Expressions using Convolutional Neural Networks”, In Proceedings of the 8th IEEE R10 Humanitarian Technology Conference, Kuching, Malaysia, 1 – 3 December, 2020. [Accepted]
- Pasindu R. and Mayurathan B.: “Reconstructing an image from its spatial and geometrical Information”, In Proceedings of the 7th Ruhuna International Science & Technology Conference, University of Ruhuna, 22 January 2020.
- Kishotha, S. and Mayurathan, B.: “Machine Learning Approach to Improve Flower Classification Using Multiple Feature Set”, In IEEE International Conference on Industrial and Information Systems (ICIIS), Peradeniya, Sri Lanka, 18-20 December 2019. [Accepted]
- Bamini, T. and Mayurathan, B.: “Silhouette Image Classification Using Bag of Local Features”, In IEEE International Conference on Information and Automation for Sustainability (ICIAfS), 21-22 December, 2018. [Accepted]
- Samaraweera, S. A. A. H. and Mayurathan, B.: “The Effect of Physical Based Features for Recognition of Recaptured Images”, International Journal of Computer Science & Information Technology (IJCSIT), Vol 8, No 6, December 2016.
- Samaraweera, S. A. A. H. and Mayurathan, B.: “Recognition of Recaptured Images Using Physical Based Features”, The Second International Conference on Advances in Computer Science and Information Technology (ACSTY 2016), Chennai, India, November 26~27, 2016.
- Mayurathan, B.: “Efficient and Compact Codebook Design for Scene Analysis and Object Localisation”, University of Peradeniya, Sri Lanka, Doctoral Thesis, 134pp, January 2015.
- Mayurathan, B., Pinidiyaarachchi, U.A. J. and Niranjan, M.: Compact Codebook Design for Visual Scene Recognition by Sequential Input Space Carving, BMVA Summer School, July 08 – 12, 2013
- Mayurathan, B., Pinidiyaarachchi, U.A. J. and Niranjan, M.: Compact Codebook Design For Visual Scene Recognition By Sequential Input Space Carving, IEEE International Workshop on Machine Learning for Signal Processing (MLSP), September, 2013
- Mayurathan, B., Ramanan, A., Mahesan, S., and Pinidiyaarachchi, U.A.J.: Speeded- up and Compact Visual Codebook for Object Recognition, International Journal of Image Processing (IJIP), Volume 7, Issue 1, pp. 31-50, 2013.
- Ganesharajah, B.,: Object Localisation Using Local Image Features, Sri Lanka Student Workshop on Computer Science (SL-SWCS), 8 December 2011.
- Ganesharajah, B., Mahesan, S. and Pinidiyaarachchi, U.A.J.,: Evaluation of Robust Invariant Descriptors for Visual Object Recognition, In proceedings of the Sixth IEEE International Conference on Industrial and Information Systems (ICIIS’11), pp. 158-163, 16-19 August, 2011.
- Ganesharajah, B., Mahesan, S. and Pinidiyaarachchi, U.A.J.,: Content Based Image Retrieval: An overview of structure of the image and image database, In proceedings of the Sixth Sri Lanka Institute of Information Technology (SLIIT) Research Symposium, Malabe, Sri Lanka, Volume No 4, pp. 30- 35, January 27, 2011.